Vancouver Island Wedding Destination . . . Passion on the Edge!
The breathtaking natural beauty and chic luxury of Black Rock Oceanfront Resort creates an extraordinary destination for your dream wedding on Vancouver Island’s breathtaking West Coast. Black Rock Resort in Ucluelet, BC is a spectacular West Coast escape for wedding ceremonies, celebrations, and rehearsal dinners – from romantic weddings for 2 people to elegant affairs for 120 people. Nestled in the headlands above of the Pacific Ocean, our luxurious Ucluelet wedding destination offers beautiful venues that are transformed into romantic settings for your special day. Our culinary and catering team will create a feast that adds flavor and flair to your wedding celebration.
Black Rock features the Rainforest Ballroom, Wine Cellar and Fetch Patio. Host your wedding rehearsal dinner or a festive cocktail party in the Wine Cellar, boasting gorgeous ocean and rainforest views. Indulge the bridal party with rejuvenating spa treatments at Drift Spa, featuring island harvested organic seaweed products and naturally-derived treatments.
One of the largest ballrooms on Vancouver Island’s West Coast, the elegant 2,000 square foot Rainforest Ballroom can accommodate up to 120 people for your wedding ceremonies and receptions. With custom lighting features, dance floor, audio/visual equipment, and gourmet catering, this beautiful banquet room offers natural elegance and grace for your Vancouver Island dream wedding. Our spacious ballroom can be divided into the Hemlock and Sitka rooms, which can be transformed into a romantic setting for more intimate celebrations. Friends and family will enjoy a divine evening of incredible food, dancing and memories that will last a lifetime.
One of the most romantic venues of Black Rock Oceanfront Resort is the dramatic Wine Cellar overlooking the surge channel with exploding waves and awesome views of the vast ocean. With its natural décor of stunning wood furniture, gray slate floors, and floor-to-ceiling windows, the Wine Cellar with private patio blends harmoniously with the seascape to offer you a passionate connection with Vancouver Island. The Wine Cellar is a stunning and relaxing atmosphere for intimate wedding dinners, private ceremonies, cocktail receptions, rehearsal dinners and brunch events. This room can comfortably seat 45 people for meals, 80 people for seated ceremonies and up to 120 people for stand up ceremonies and cocktail receptions. The Wine Cellar and its patio are also a great space for friends and family to celebrate and toast before entering the ballroom. Toast the bride and groom with a glass of champagne and dine on gourmet canapés in this dramatic setting and let the wedding fun begin!
Fetch Patio: Outdoor Ceremonies
Overlooking the ocean, rainforest, and rocky coastline, Fetch Patio is a spectacular outdoor setting for wedding ceremonies, for 50 to 120 people. The ceremony applies for the exclusive use of the patio for 1 hour maximum. This fee includes the set up of white folding chairs and a signing table with white linen. The patio is available daily from 4:00pm to 5:00pm only and is subject to availability and weather. Guests can move into the Wine Cellar following the ceremony for gourmet canapés and sparkling wine or host a variety of snacks and beverages for your weddings guests prior to dinner service.
Vancouver Island Ceremony Locations
Ucluelet offers many beautiful outdoor destinations for a natural feel for your special event. Our experienced staff can help you select and reserve a breathtaking destination overlooking the ocean as a dramatic backdrop for your ceremony. We also provide a Local Wedding Directory which outlines several wedding destinations and resources on the West Coast of Vancouver Island to help you plan and organize your wedding day as you have envisioned.
- Big Beach: Adjacent to Black Rock Resort and accessed by the Wild Pacific Trail, Big Beach is a beautiful beach where the crashing waves and sunsets are heavenly. Black Rock Resort can cater food for a post ceremony celebration right on the beach. Our Events Team can help you get a permit from the District of Ucluelet. Black Rock Resort cannot cater alcohol on Big Beach.
- Cedar Beach: This small beach is located on the Black Rock Resort property, facing Big Beach. Permission from Events Manager required.
- Pacific Rim National Park: Located just 15 minutes from the resort, Pacific Rim National Park is a coastal treasure with magical ocean and rainforest scenery. Long Beach and Wickaninnish Beach are breathtaking locations for your ceremony. An event park permit is required. Call the Park Administration at (250) 726-3500.
- Amphitrite Point Lighthouse, Ucluelet: Exchange your loving vows with the Amphitrite Lighthouse in the background as the waves crash into the rocky shores below. Permission from the District of Ucluelet required.
- Wild Pacific Trail: This scenic trail winds along the coast and offers several beautiful locations overlooking the ocean and lighthouse. Permission from the District of Ucluelet required.
For more wedding information, please contact:
Jenna Thompson, Sales & Events Manager
For Elopement Information, see our Elopement Package